Wednesday 16 August 2017

Summer or Winter?


Summer or Winter?

It amazes me how seasons can totally divide a nation.
You have one half who prefer spring and summer ,and the other who prefer the autumn winter.

So as the seasons are changing it got me thinking, what is my favourite season!
The honest answer is I prefer autumn/winter but the weather of spring.

The reasons for this are probably based on the festive season. Oh and mine and the kids birthdays. From October which is the birthday month for me and the youngest, then Halloween, Bonfire night, Christmas, New year and my eldest birthday. Its a time for family and for fun. 
However the weather is not my favourite at all. I do not drive so walk everywhere. So having two small wet and cold children for these seasons is never fun. 

Then we have spring. When the grass gets greener and the leaves start to grow, the flowers bloom and the sun starts to warm your skin. However the weather is still un-predictable and the insets start to fly. I don't like things that fly, and turn in to a complete flappy crazy person as soon as something flies to close. This is never good when walking with two small boys. They laugh and point!

Then there is summer! Which is great for playing outside and being able to dry the washing one the line, therefore saving me a fortune in electricity. 
However there is the summer insomnia, you know the type when you don't sleep for weeks because its A MILLION degrees in you bedroom, and all you have is a desk fan circulating hot air. And we all no British homes are built to keep heat in, so they are like prisons for rising temperatures.

So yes the autumn/winter with the slightly warmer weather of spring minus the rain. That isn't much to ask for right?

Funny though how life changed because ask me 8 years ago I would of said summer was my favourite season! But now I am older and wiser I can see the comfortable side! 

What is your favourite season?




No comments:

Post a Comment